Li'l Rickey's Sinister Urges!

The Positively True Adventures of The Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device!!!

Benign Sanitary Device, or Ruthless Killer?

Mike Crisman became entangled in the ICDSD but somehow managed to survive. It's not nice to fool the ICDSD!

The very device which snared victim #1, Darrell Thurston. Note that it is impotent, as the towel has been removed.

Perry Lybbert, Victim #3 -- Was it an accident, or the fiendish work of a diabolical serial killer? You decide!

Todd Greco, Victim #17, only wanted to save souls -- but The Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device had other ideas!

THE INCIDENTS...THE PLACES...MY FRIENDS, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Can your hearts stand the shocking facts of the true story of THE INCREDIBLE CHILD-DEVOURING SANITARY DEVICE?

May 26, 1959 -- Washington Terrace Elementary School, Ogden, Utah

Darrell Thurston, 8-year-old son of Mr. & Mrs. Don S. Thurston, was given permission by his teacher, Mrs. Lloyd, to leave class to go the restroom. When five minutes had passed and Darrell had not returned, Mrs. Lloyd decided to investigate. She went into the restroom and found Darrell unconscious, hanging by the neck from a cloth towel machine. He had put his head through the loop and twisted it around.

Mrs. Lloyd was able to loosen the towel and give Darrell artifical respiration, and his breathing was restored. He did not sustain any permanent injuries.

Darrell Thurston is now 49 years old. He still lives in Ogden.

Apparently miffed at its failure to suck the life out of Darrell, the Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device did not return for more than a decade. When it did return, however, it was more ferocious than ever.

January 13, 1970 -- Garden Springs School, Spokane, Washington

Patrick Herriman, 9-year-old son of Johnnie & Judy Herriman, was playing with some friends in the school restroom at 8:20 a.m. According to Timothy Russell, age 8, Patrick placed his head through the loop of a cloth towel hanging from a continuous towel dispenser. Timothy then went outside to get another playmate. When they went back in the restroom, Patrick was hanging from the towel loop and was not moving. He was cut down by teachers but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.

Teachers told reporters that Patrick was "really lively and well-liked" by other students. However, the teachers gave a different story to the coroner, noting that Patrick was "an aggressive child who was not accepted by his parents." He was a behavioral problem and was getting counseling in school.

Patrick Herriman is buried at Greenwood Memorial Terrace in Spokane. His father, Johnnie Herriman, still lives in the Spokane area.

Little did they know that three months later the Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device would attack again...

April 27, 1970 -- Valley View LDS Ward, Salt Lake City, Utah

After digesting Patrick Herriman, the Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device headed back to Utah. At 4:30 p.m. on April 27, 1970, Perry Lybbert, age 7, was at the Valley View Latter Day Saints Ward in Salt Lake City. He apparently was alone when he went into the boys restroom. Details of how he was found are sketchy, but he was carried out unconscious and was dead on arrival at Cottonwood Hospital. Captain George Nielsen, juvenile division commanders of the Salt Lake City Sheriff's Department, said that other children reported that "it was common practice for grade school students to chin themselves on the towel container, and then put the towel over their heads and twist it."

Perry's father, Merrill Lybbert, is a practicing attorney in Salt Lake City.

December 4, 1970 -- Valley View Elementary School, Roy, Utah

Travis Wilkinson, age 8, was a student at Valley View Elementary School in Roy. On December 4, 1970 Travis was excused from class so he could go to the restroom. His teacher, Mrs. Castle, became concerned when Travis failed to return to class. She went into the restroom and found the boy hanging from the cloth towel machine. The continuous towel was twisted around his neck. Mrs. Castle cut him down and administered mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Travis was hospitalized for five days but eventually made a complete recovery.

While Travis was still being treated in the Intensive Care Unit, his mother was approached by William R. Boren, the Superintendent of the Weber County Schools. He asked her to sign a document absolving the school district from any responsibility for Travis' injuries. She refused.

Travis Wilkinson presently lives in St. George, Utah.

The Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device clearly was shaken by yet another unsuccessful mission. It was finding that Mormons are indeed difficult to kill off. It decided to spend the rest of the winter in Florida. The next time, things would be different. Its target would be a Roman Catholic!

March 18, 1971 -- Good Shepherd Catholic School, Orlando, Florida

As mentioned, the ICDSD decided to spend the winter of 1970-71 in Florida. Sometime during that winter it took up residence in the boys' restroom at Good Shepherd Catholic School in Orlando. On March 18, a boy named David Yingling was excused from class to go to the restroom. As David later testified, "When I walked in he was hanging from that thing." David was referring to Richard Blocher, a 10-year-old student at the school. According to David, the towel "was all twisted around, as if he was twirled around with his neck in it." Another boy, Joseph Manner, said that once before he had seen Richard put his head through the towel loop and say, "Look, I'm hanging myself."

One of the nuns was summoned by the boys, and Richard was removed from the towel and rushed to the hospital. He survived, but sustained severe brain dysfunction. Six years later an attorney wrote that the boy "is quite a pitiable sight" and "has rather little control of his physical movements and in effect sort of flops around." Richard Blocher's family still lives in Orlando.

Well, the Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device was quite shaken by this near-miss. Once again its plans had been thwarted by an adult female entering the boys' restroom. It was so devastated that it would not strike again for three years -- and this time it would not be at a school.

April 18, 1974 -- Lucky's Truck Stop Cafe, Texarkana, Texas

Kenneth Lynn Elder, 10-year-old son of Richard Elder and Shirley Byrd, and his older brother entered Lucky's Truck Stop Cafe around 7:30 p.m. Kenneth and his brother lived in a trailer park near the cafe, but their parents worked evenings so the two boys generally would spend the evening hanging around Lucky's. Loma Patterson, the waitress on duty, noticed that Kenneth was "white as a sheet" when he came into the cafe. His brother sat down at the counter but Kenneth headed straight for the men's room, apparently unaware of the fact that the ICDSD had moved in.

After some time had passed, Kenneth's brother became concerned and went into the men's room to check up on him. The door was locked and Kenneth failed to respond to banging on the door. The cook pried open the door with a knife, and they found Kenneth hanging from the cloth towel dispenser, unconscious. An ambulance was called, but he was pronounced dead on arrival at Wadley Hospital.

Kenneth Elder was buried in Chapelwood Cemetery in Texarkana. His parents now live in Donna, Texas.

Flushed with success (but not wanting to spend the summer in Texas), the ICDSD headed north.It would next strike in American Falls, Idaho.

November 15, 1974 -- Hillcrest Grade School, American Falls, Idaho

Its confidence restored by the successful ingestion of Kenneth Lee Elder, the Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device decided to return to an elementary school. As Willie Sutton might have said, "That's where the kids are."

Dwight Tindore, age 9, the son of Chester and Inez Tindore, asked his teacher for permission to go to the restroom at 1:30 p.m. When Dwight failed to return the teacher, Melba Haskett, sent Dwight's cousin, Aaron Tindore, to check on him. Aaron immediately reported that Dwight was hanging from the ICDSD. Mrs. Haskett ran into the restroom and tried to free Dwight, but this time the ICDSD was ready for her. The knot around Dwight's neck was so tight that she couldn't lift him up and get him loose. Other teachers were summoned, and they were finally able to disentangle the youth.

The principal, Mr. McOmber, began mouth to mouth resuscitation while they waited for the ambulance to arrive, but Dwight never regained consciousness. He was DOA at Power County Hospital.

Dwight Tindore was a member of the LDS Church and the Shoshone-Bannock tribe. He was buried in Bannock Creek Cemetery in Fort Hall. His father lives in Arbon, Idaho.

March 29, 1975 -- Cathay Cafe, Blackfoot, Idaho

Scott and Colleen Jones were in the process of moving from Moreland, Idaho to Lander, Wyoming. Scott had been working at Rockford Welding, but he was fired because he frequently showed up for work with alcohol on his breath and he had been suspected of stealing money from a Coke machine. The Jones family had been living in a rented trailer.

Early in the morning Scott and Colleen dropped off their seven-year-old son, Shane Lee Jones at the Cathay Cafe in Blackfoot. Dolly Amos, a friend, was a waitress at the cafe and agreed to watch Shane while his parents finished packing. His parents arrived at the cafe at 10:30 a.m. A few minutes later, Shane said that he had to go to the restroom. When he failed to return, his mother went to the restroom to check on him. She banged on the door, but Shane failed to respond. Colleen then went back to her table and asked her husband to check on Shane, because she didn't want to go into the men's restroom! Scott Jones then went into the restroom and found Shane hanging from the towel dispenser. Mr. Jones had to twist the towel approximately a dozen times before he was able to get Shane free. By this time the boy already had turned blue, and efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. He was DOA at Bingham Memorial Hospital.

Colleen Jones later stated that she "could see how it could have happened" because the kids at school were spinning Shane around in a swing the day before, and he came home exclaiming how much fun it was to be twirled around.

Today Scott Jones lives on McAdoo Street in Blackfoot. It is not known if he still eats at the Cathay Cafe.

The Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device was on a roll. But Idaho is a small state, and it was only a matter of time before the authorities would become suspicious. So it headed east -- to Wheeling, Illinois.

December 23, 1975 -- Wheeling High School, Wheeling, Illinois

Mongomery Klemmer (not to be confused with Montgomery Burns), 11 year old son of Michael & Rose Klemmer, was at Wheeling High School to attend a counseling session. He was being counseled for what today would probably be called Attention Deficit Disorder. Monty had behavioral problems and had been receiving counseling so that he would act more appropriately in school.

He was brought to the high school by his father. The counseling session ended around 9:00 p.m., and Mr. Klemmer stoped to chat with the counselor while Monty went to the boys' restroom. Let's allow his dad to tell what happened next:

"Monty was in the lobby and went into the bathroom, and from the moment I opened the door and saw him with the towel around his neck, his feet were flat on the floor, his knees were bent, and I thought he was doing it to scare me, and I said, 'Monty what in the hell are you doing, let's go.' Then I could see his lips were blue, I lifted his weight up, he gasped and vomit came out of his mouth. It seemed like there was an intake of breath and I took the towel and pulled it off his neck and of course we tried to revive him."

Monty Klemmer was DOA at Holy Family Hospital. He was buried at St. Mary Cemetery in Buffalo Grove, Illinois on December 27, 1975. His older brother, Michael Klemmer Jr., lives in Itasca, Illinois.

The Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device's appetite for young boys was temporarily sated. It decided that it wanted to sample the contrary gender. However, it would find that it does not have the same attraction for girls that it has for boys. It would be 19 months before it could lure a girl into its clutches.

July 25, 1977 -- Cortez Airport, Cortez, Colorado

Josephine Waddoups, the wife of Norman Waddoups, was employed by Hertz Rent-A-Car to run the rental service at the Cortez Airport. It was a part-time job, as the rental desk only opened for a few hours a day, before and after scheduled commercial flights. Norman Waddoups was the owner of a Conoco Service Station. Mrs. Waddoups was in the habit of bringing her two daughters, Norma (age 9) and Vickie (age 4) to the airport with her when she went to work. She basically allowed the kids to run around in the terminal while she attended to her customers.

Norma and Vickie were playing in the women's restroom when Vickie came out and complained to her mother, "Mama, Norma's making faces at me." Mrs. Waddoups told Vickie to go back and tell Norma to stop whatever she was doing. A couple of minutes later Vickie came out again and said, "Mama, Norma's STILL making faces at me." Mrs. Waddoups then went into the restroom and found Norma hanging from the ICDSD. She began to scream, and the agent for Frontier Airlines ran in and was able to get Norma out of the towel loop. He applied mouth-to-mouth resuscitation until emergency personnel arrived.

Norma was taken by ambulance to Southwest Memorial Hospital, where it was determined that she had probably sustained severe brain damage. She was transferred to Mercy Hospital in Durango, but her condition continued to deteriorate. Today she lives in a nursing home in southwestern Colorado. She is conscious, but she cannot speak and she essentially has no control of her body. She watches television, but nobody knows if she understands anything that happens around her. Her parents live in Dove Creek, Colorado. Norma's care is paid for by the proceeds of a multi-million dollar insurance settlement.

The ICDSD had mixed feelings about its first encounter with a female. It had been able to completely devour boys with less effort, but Norma insisted upon living. It needed another victim, and it needed one soon. So it decided to head back to the midwest and find another boy.

August 7, 1977 -- Arby's Restaurant, Merrillville, Indiana

Well, the Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device had gotten tired of hanging around schools, so it headed east and took up residence in an Arby's in Indiana.

Charles Malone of Boone Grove, Indiana, an 11-year-old boy, entered the restaurant with his father, Robert Malone. At about 4:45 p.m. the boy went to the restroom. After 10 or 15 minutes passed, his father became concerned and went into the restroom to check up on him. Mr. Malone found Charles hanging from the ICDSD, unconscious. As it happened, Mr. Malone had a portable respirator with him because he was a terminal cancer patient. He dragged Charles into the hallway and tried to revive him with the respirator, to no avail.

Three days later Charles was buried in Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens, Schererville, Indiana. I have no information on where Mr. Malone is buried.

The Arby's is still in business at 5790 Broadway, Merrillville, just off the interstate.

September 4, 1977 -- Kwan's Restaurant, Scottsdale, Arizona

The ICDSD had been enjoying some success at restaurants, so it found a comfortable spot on the wall of the men's restroom in Kwan's. Kuri Paya, an 8-year-old boy, was having lunch at the restaurant with his mother and grandparents. Kuri went into the restroom alone, and a few minutes later two boys, Grady and Kevin Watson, went in and found Kuri hanging from the ICDSD.

The boys ran out to tell their father, James Watson, what they had seen. Mr. Watson went into the restroom and used a knife to cut Kuri down. He then used mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to try to revive the boy. Kuri was taken by ambulance to Scottsdale Memorial Hospital but was dead on arrival.

According to the police report, one patron of the restaurant "observed two Negro males enter the bathroom while the victim was also in the bathroom." Naturally, they immediately became suspects. However, it was later determined that they had left the restroom before Kuri went in.

Kuri Paya was a native American who lived on the Fort McDowell Reservation near Phoenix. He was the first non-Caucasian to be consumed by the ICDSD.

The ICDSD had now claimed an even dozen victims in nine states. It decided to return to Utah, which has lots of Mormons who make lots of kids.

April 12, 1978 -- Harris Elementary School, Tooele, Utah

In spite of previous unsuccessful attempts to rid the world of Mormon children, the ICDSD returned to Utah and took up residence in a restroom at Harris Elementary School in Tooele (the pronunciation of which is the vaguely smutty "toolie"). Raymond Hatfield, a six-year-old first grader, was in the restroom when another boy dared him to put his head through the towel loop of the ICDSD. Hatfield did so, and in the process got twisted around and could not get loose.

An older boy discovered Hatfield hanging unconscious and notified the school principal. The principal managed to extricate Hatfield and was able to resuscitate him. Hatfield was hospitalized but eventually returned to school with no apparent ill effects. He still lives in Tooele, and is listed in the phone book.

The ICDSD went into hiding for a while to contemplate its repeated failure to consume Mormon children. It made a vow that its next victim would not survive!

February 6, 1980 -- Roy Elementary School, Roy, Utah

Observant readers will recall that the ICDSD hade ventured into the town of Roy once before, when it tried to devour Travis Wilkinson at Valley View Elementary School. To the eternal chagrin of the ICDSD, Wilkinson survived the attack. This time around, it decided to attack a special education student.

John Darro Thomas, age 9, was more than just a special ed student. He also had a "bladder control problem" and had standing permission to go to the restroom whenever he felt the need. The teacher, Mrs. Iola Wagoner, was so used to seeing John get up and walk out of class that she never took notice of him leaving on this particular morning. A short while after John went to the restroom, two students named Bobby Farris and Willy James were given permission to relieve themselves. They found John hanging from the towel dispenser and immediately notified a student teacher, who rushed into the restroom. Realizing that she needed help, she got Mrs. Wagoner and together they cut the boy free and administered first aid. John was taken by ambulance to McKay-Dee Hospital but was DOA.

Bobby Farris told the police that on prior occasions he had observed John Thomas put his head through the towel loop, twist it around several times and then lift his feet off the ground and spin around. John's parents reported that a month or so earlier their son had come home with marks on his neck, but they apparently were the result of another student putting a belt around John's neck and leading him around the playground.

The parents, Lee John Thomas and Jean Pearl Thomas, were philosophical about their loss. Mrs. Thomas told reporters that she was "at peace" because it was "my boy's time to go." They still live in Roy.

Parents in the Weber County School District asked the Board of Education to remove the towel dispensers from the district's schools. They demanded to have the dispensers replaced with paper towels. One parent even suggested that the kids would be "better off wiping their hands on their pants."

Amidst this public outcry, the ICDSD sensed that its days in Utah were numbered. It decided to head to a warmer climate to wait for its next victim.

February 7, 1981 -- Maverick Bar, Phoenix, Arizona

The ICDSD set up shop in the Maverick, a restaurant/bar, and immediately caught the interest of Nora Moore, the 8-year-old daughter of the Maverick's owners. Apparently Nora had played with the towel loop on several occasions, but no one gave it any thought. On February 7, 1981 she entered the restroom alone and placed her head through the loop of the towel. She then began turning around, walking in circles, until the tightened towel cut off her breathing and cause her to lose consciousness.

A restaurant patron entered the restoom, saw the girl hanging there, and summoned Nora's parents. Her father gave Nora mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, and Nora began to breathe. However, she sustained permanent brain dysfunction.

The hospital theorized that Nora had attempted to commit suicide. There was evidence that Nora was depressed because of her size. She was only 4'4" tall but weighed 105 pounds, and she was by far the biggest child in her class at school.

Nora's parents filed a lawsuit against Steiner Corporation, the manufacturer of the towel dispenser.

February 5, 1982 -- Horace Mann Elementary School, Ogden, Utah

The ICDSD had pretty much made up its mind that it would never return to Utah, but one day it received word that in spite of the death of John Thomas, the Board of Education had failed to removed the cloth towel dispensers from the schools in the Weber County School District! Amazingly, the school officials decided that it was sufficient to remove the towel dispensers from schools which had emotionally disturbed or handicapped students. In other schools, they raised the dispensers, shortened the towel loops and installed a steel frame between the dispensers and the towel loops which supposedly made it "impossible" for a student's head to get caught in the loop.

Thus encouraged, the ICDSD made its way to Ogden's Horace Mann Elementary School. Michael Crisman, the 10-year-old son of John Crisman and Barbara Crisman, apparently was alone in the school restroom when he put his head through the towel loop and twisted around. He stopped breathing and passed out. A short time later, another student discovered him and notified a teacher. The teacher and a lunchroom worker extricated Michael from the towel and applied mouth-to-mouth resuscitation until paramedics arrived. The boy was taken to McKay-Dee Hospital (the very same hospital where John Darro Thomas had been taken two years earlier) where he was admitted in serious condition. However, his condition gradually improved and he was eventually discharged with no apparent permanent impairment. The Crisman family still resides in Ogden.

Following this incident, School Superintendent William L. Garner ordered that all cloth towel dispensers be immediately removed from all schools in the district. He admitted that he was perplexed about why these incidents were occurring. "I don't know why they do this," said Garner. "Apparently this was on a dare."

School District administrative assistant Ron Stephens offered a different theory. "It's something that has caught on," he said. "They get certain physical thrills from it." He went on to explain that students get lightheaded or giddy from blocking off the blood flow to the brain.

The school principal, Paul A. Martin, privately acknowledged that older students had been twisting their heads in the towel dispensers "for a sexual purpose."

The ICDSD now realized that it could never again return to Utah. Fondly recalling the success it had encountered in Illinois, the ICDSD began to makes its way east.

April 28, 1982 -- Schaumburg Christian School, Schaumburg, Illinois

The ICDSD had fond memories of swallowing up Montgomery Klemmer in 1975, so it decided to make a return visit to Illinois. It found a home in the restroom of Schaumburg Christian School, which seemed likely to provide a plentiful supply of potential victims.

Todd Greco, a 15-year-old boy, arrived at the school after dinner to attend a "soul winning" which had been sponsored by Bethel Baptist Church. Todd was, physically, a late developer. He was barely five feet tall and weighted just 105 pounds.

Exactly what happened is unclear. Witnesses who were questioned by the police said that Todd was "showing off" and looped the towel around his neck. Apparently, the boys who were present did not realize that anything was wrong until Todd started to turn blue. By the time he was cut down, he was dead.

The witnesses said that they hadn't been concerned about Todd because they thought that his knees were touching the floor. This seems unlikely, in view of Todd's impaired stature. In any event, Todd's father, Joseph Greco, filed a lawsuit against the school and the church 18 months later. The lawsuit gave a different version of the incident, claiming that the other boys who were in the restroom had deliberately wrapped the towel around Todd's neck.

Mr. Greco still lives at 688 Ridge Court, Schaumburg. The ICDSD moved on, to Iowa.

April 29, 1983 -- Lakeview Elementary School, Solon, Iowa

Jeff Hansen, a 7-year-old first grader at Lakeview Elementary School, somehow became entangled in the ICDSD in the school's restroom and was strangled. Apparently, classmates entered the restroom and found Jeff dangling from the machine. Teachers were immediately summoned (one of whom, ironically, was Jeff's father, Edward Hansen, a third-grade teacher at the school), but it was too late to save the lad.

Sheriff's Deputy Bob Carpenter theorized that Jeff may have swinging on the towel, but conceded that no one knew what really happened because there were no witnesses. School officials immediately removed all cloth towel dispensers from the school. This was small consolation to Jeff's parents, who still live a short distance from the school in Solon.

The ICDSD immediately beat it out of town and headed for Texas.

May 21, 1983 -- El Jarro Restaurant, Windcrest, Texas

Windcrest, Texas is a suburb of San Antonio. On May 21, 1983 an unidentified 9-year-old boy entered the El Jarro Restaurant with his parents and two siblings. The family lived in the area and were regular patrons of the restaurant. At approximately 7:15 p.m. the boy ate a dinner consisting of a taco and tortilla chips. For dessert, he ordered a bunuelo with ice cream. At 7:35 p.m. he made his fateful way to the men's restroom.

At approximately 7:45 p.m. a waiter walked into the restroom and saw the boy hanging from the ICDSD. The waiter immediately summoned the owner of the restaurant. Just then, the boy's father was walking toward the restroom, apparently to check on his son. By this time the boy was unconscious and was vomiting. The boy's father emoved him from the towel and the police and an ambulance were called.

A police officer arrived within two minutes and employed the Heimlich manuever, to no avail. He then administered CPR until the ambulance arrived. The ambulance personnel originally thought that the boy was choking, but when they got him to the hospital it was noticed that he had strangulation marks on his neck running from under his chin to just below each earlobe. The boy died two days later at the hospital. The official cause of death was anoxic encephalopathy.

The parents informed the police that they suspected homicide because the waiter who found the boy was a homosexual and they believed that he had assaulted their son. The waiter agreed to take a polygraph exam, which indicated that he had nothing to do with the boy's death. The medical examiner also reported that there were no signs of an assault and the death was ruled an accident.

The incident was investigated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which apparently took no action.

The El Jarro Restaurant is no longer in business. The building is now occupied by a Chinese restaurant called China Cafe.


Thus ends the astounding tale of the Incredible Child-Devouring Sanitary Device. Or does it? It is unclear what has become of the ICDSD, but on November 17, 1997 the Seattle Times reported that an 11-year-old boy had perished in Vancouver, British Columbia, after he was found hanging from a cloth towel dispenser at his school. Even more troubling news appeared two days later, when the Times reported that two similar incidents had occurred in Vancouver earlier in the year. Could it be that the ICDSD fled north of the border, only to continue its malevolent ways? Let us punish the guilty! Let us reward the innocent!

We have given you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal. Can you prove that it didn't happen?

God help us, in the future!

"It was common practice for grade school students to chin themselves on the towel container, and then put the towel over their heads and twist it."

"When I walked in he was hanging from that thing."

"Look, I'm hanging myself."

"He is quite a pitiable sight."

"He has rather little control of his physical movements and in effect sort of flops around."

"Monty, what in the hell are you doing?"

"Mama, Norma's making faces at me."

"It was my boy's time to go."

"The kids would be better off wiping their hands on their pants."

"I don't know why they do this. Apparently this was on a dare."

"It's something that has caught on. They get certain physical thrills from it."

"Older students had been twisting their heads in the towel dispensers for a sexual purpose."